Louth Co Council Asset Management
Client: Louth County Council
Completion Date: 01/03/2013
Contract Value: £100,000
Project Overview: In 2010, the Water Services division of Louth County Council chose FM Environmental to supply and install its INVISTA web-based asset and performance management system to support the management of the Wastewater and Water treatment plants under its responsibility. Adopting a phased approach to deployment of INVISTA the initial project phases included the installation of data logging and telemetry equipment at a number of wastewater treatment sites around the County. The benefits from INVISTA included:
• Plant process optimization, improved effluent quality, reduced energy costs.
• Proactive maintenance produced increased equipment life and reliability.
• Remote visibility of plant performance as well as regular, up-to-date reporting.
• Document storage including procedures, drawings, spares lists and manuals.
• Documented compliance with plant licensing requirements.
“Louth County Council’s decision to use INVISTA technology is enabling us gain greater insight into our plant performance. We are so pleased with the effectiveness of INVISTA that we expect to leverage the technology to provide greater efficiencies over the coming months.” Mark O’Callaghan, Water Services Manager, Louth Co. Council.
Scope of Work: Deployment of INVISTA on the Louth County Council IT infrastructure. On-site installation of Power Meters and Data Communications Units (DCU) including integration with existing equipment. The installation process was non-intrusive and required no plant down-time.